I’m sick of losing. I’ve lost every political fight since 2010. The AV referendum: lost. The 2015 election: lost. The Brexit referendum: lost. I only ‘won’ in 2010 because I love coalitions.
- The economy has finished its initial plunge but is in a bad state.
- The areas which voted Leave most strongly are those areas which receive EU subsidy because they are poorest. I expect these areas to be hit hardest by the coming recession.
- Britain is about to get poorer, but our divisions are about to get worse. Risk of fascism.
- Wrote a handwritten letter to my MP asking him to block Brexit. It is elitist to ignore a referendum outcome, but Brexit will hurt everyone, the poorest hardest. Handwritten letters count the most: emails to your MP are near worthless. If you write to your MP, write a handwritten letter and post it.
- Taking paid subscriptions to progressive traditional media. Can’t countenance not contributing any more; the media narrative this time round was too poisonous. Please do same.
- Continuing my political party subscriptions. None of them inspire me currently, but it gives me voting rights so I’ll continue to affect the political conversation that way.
I don’t have the energy to campaign directly. Automatable suggestions welcome.